Sell Your Massachusetts Home Faster
For Sale by Owner Tips & FREE FSBO Land Information To Help You Sell Your Massachusetts Home Fast
8 For Sale by Owner Home Selling Tips
- Signage - Signage encourages Massachusetts home shoppers to immediately call you or your agent. It's free advertising! If your home is a corner lot, put up two signs. Some homeowner associations prohibit real estate signs. Some HOAs allow only window signs. Try talking to a neighbor whose home is located at the corner of a busy street, asking for permission to put a sign in that yard with an arrow pointing toward yours. Agent signs should include the phone number of the closest office (if the brokerage operates multiple offices) and the agent's cell or voice mail number.
- Open Houses - Not every home is suitable for an open house due to location or other factors, and sometimes the only way to determine that is to try it. If nobody comes, that's probably a good indication. However, if your home is located near a high traffic area where buyers often swarm, then it's a good candidate. Place open house signs throughout the area directing buyers. Advertise in the newspaper. Advertise open house times online. Invite the neighbors; they're going to come anyway.
- Professional stagers in Massachusetts are highly skilled artists. They can take a blank canvas and paint a sensuous portrait without ever lifting a paint brush. Stagers possess the skills of a top-level designer and they create dramatic scenery that appeals to all five senses.
- Rent a Storage Unit. Almost every home shows better with less furniture. Remove pieces of furniture that block or hamper paths and walkways and put them in storage. Since your bookcases are now empty, store them. Remove extra leaves from your dining room table to make the room appear larger. Leave just enough furniture in each room to showcase the room's purpose and plenty of room to move around.
- All Massachusetts FSBO marketing should be geared toward making your phone ring and increasing traffic to your home.
- With all the money you will be saving over hiring an agent in Massachusetts, spend a big chunk on advertising. Figure out your target audience and get the message to them.
- Make the House Sparkle! Wash windows inside and out. Rent a pressure washer and spray down sidewalks and exterior. Clean out cobwebs. Re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks. Polish chrome faucets and mirrors. Clean out the refrigerator. Vacuum daily. Wax floors. Dust furniture, ceiling fan blades and light fixtures. Bleach dingy grout. Replace worn rugs. Hang up fresh towels. Bathroom towels look great fastened with ribbon and bows. Clean and air out any musty smelling areas. Odors are a no-no.
- Arrange sparse pieces of furniture in an appealing grouping known as a vignette. Showcase a generous usage of soft fabrics such as silk, lambswool, satin. Display unusual knickknacks in units of 1, 3 or 5. Drape window coverings with simple lines. Add unique elements to shelving, bookcases and fireplace mantels, which draw attention to predetermined areas.
Getting Ready To Sell Your Home Fast