Sell Your Michigan Home Faster
For Sale by Owner Tips & FREE FSBO Land Information To Help You Sell Your Michigan Home Fast
8 For Sale by Owner Home Selling Tips
- You can't always depend on an agent's opinion of Michigan home or property value because sometimes agents take overpriced listings just to lure your business away from the competitors.
- Make the House Sparkle! Wash windows inside and out. Rent a pressure washer and spray down sidewalks and exterior. Clean out cobwebs. Re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks. Polish chrome faucets and mirrors. Clean out the refrigerator. Vacuum daily. Wax floors. Dust furniture, ceiling fan blades and light fixtures. Bleach dingy grout. Replace worn rugs. Hang up fresh towels. Bathroom towels look great fastened with ribbon and bows. Clean and air out any musty smelling areas. Odors are a no-no.
- Do not want fall victim to a seller's biggest mistake and not price your home Michigan correctly, because the first two weeks on the market are crucial. That's when Michigan buyers' interest levels are the highest.
- Avoid For Sale by Owner marketing mistakes by being flexible with showings, offering incentives to buyers and obtaining buyer feedback.
- De-Personalize. Pack up those personal photographs and family heirlooms. Buyers can't see past personal artifacts, and you don't want them to be distracted. You want Michigan buyers to imagine their own photos on the walls, and they can't do that if yours are there!
- Follow these Michigan FSBO tips for how to hold an open house, and remember that in some areas, Saturdays are just as popular as Sundays.
- Rent a Storage Unit. Almost every home shows better with less furniture. Remove pieces of furniture that block or hamper paths and walkways and put them in storage. Since your bookcases are now empty, store them. Remove extra leaves from your dining room table to make the room appear larger. Leave just enough furniture in each room to showcase the room's purpose and plenty of room to move around.
- Open Houses - Not every home is suitable for an open house due to location or other factors, and sometimes the only way to determine that is to try it. If nobody comes, that's probably a good indication. However, if your home is located near a high traffic area where buyers often swarm, then it's a good candidate. Place open house signs throughout the area directing buyers. Advertise in the newspaper. Advertise open house times online. Invite the neighbors; they're going to come anyway.
Getting Ready To Sell Your Home Fast