Sell Your New York Home Faster
For Sale by Owner Tips & FREE FSBO Land Information To Help You Sell Your New York Home Fast
8 For Sale by Owner Home Selling Tips
- Prices vary depending on where you live in New York and the local demand for professional home staging. Coastal areas and large metropolitan cities where home staging has been prevalent for years command higher prices. Some real estate agents help New York sellers Stage the home themselves. Most listing agents agree, however, that vacant homes show better with staging and will encourage sellers to hire a professional stager. Fees range from $500 to $5,000 or more, depending on square footage and the number of rooms staged.
- Do not want fall victim to a seller's biggest mistake and not price your home New York correctly, because the first two weeks on the market are crucial. That's when New York buyers' interest levels are the highest.
- Stagers bring in a vast array of items to spruce up the house. Here is a small sampling of items professional stagers often use to dress each room. How they are utilized is limited only by the creativity and vision of the stager: Mirrors, Plants, Silk Flowers, Floor and Table Lamps, Area and Throw Rugs, Small Love Seats, Ottomans, Afghans, Pillows, Inflatable Queen-Size Beds, Baskets, Plastic Tables and Chairs.
- Check Curb Appeal of your New York FSBO. If a buyer won't get out of her agent's car because she doesn't like the exterior of your home, you'll never get him/her inside. Keep the sidewalks cleared. Mow the lawn. Paint faded window trim. Plant yellow flowers or group flower pots together. Yellow evokes a buying emotion. Marigolds are inexpensive. Trim your bushes. Make sure visitors can clearly read your house number.
- Host Broker / Agent Tours - If you're planning to sell your New York home without representation, then skip this step. However, since most buyers are represented by an agent, it's a good idea to draw as many agents and brokers as possible to view your home. Agents who linger in your home will better remember details to later describe to buyers. The best way to entice an agent to hang around is food. Doesn't need to be expensive, sandwiches will suffice. As agents munch and network, the hope is they will admire your New York home and bring back a buyer.
- Pricing a home in New York to sell is part intuition, part research and part market timing.
- Remove/Replace Favorite Items. If you want to take window coverings, built-in appliances or fixtures with you, remove them now. If the chandelier in the dining room once belonged to your great grandmother, take it down. If a buyer never sees it, she won't want it. Once you tell a buyer she can't have an item, she will covet it, and it could blow your deal. Pack those items and replace them, if necessary.
- Before you begin to prepare your New York house for sale, examine the home from a stranger's viewpoint. Ask a friend to help, who might be more removed from your attachment.
Free For Sale By Owner Site Listings